Friday, August 13, 2010

I see a red door and I want it painted black


When I saw this door and the rest of the interesting architectural detail of a south side church I frequently pass, I knew I had to photograph it in some, way, shape or form.  Though it wasn't my intent to paint it black, I had post-processing software at my fingertips and wanted to try something different. That’s part of what this blog is about, after all.

Shadows and highlights still baffle me when it comes to photography, and I don’t particularly care for the way the sun washed out the ends of the alcoves. Next time I’ll have to get up at the crack of dawn to rectify the light situation.

Yeah, you’re right. Like that’s gonna happen ...

Ah well, what’s a little trial and error in the spirit of experimentation?  The saving grace is that I am totally in love with the sepia tone.  You know, I do believe Mick Jager did say it best …

You can’t always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just mind find
You get what you need

(read: Photoshop is a beautiful thing!)

1 comment:

deni said...

I rather like the way the light washed things out a bit.
As always, another fine photo.