Tuesday, July 13, 2010

S.W.A.K.


Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick.

~ Gwyneth Paltrow

I have this book entitled The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own. It was written by fashionista Nina Garcia and has become the Bible for us women who refuse to become slaves to ever-changing trends. It details timeless pieces, those classics that have been around for many years and will continue to be relevant for years to come. They are the things that will never go out of style. Things like a man’s white shirt, the little black dress, stiletto heels and perfect fitting jeans.  Admittedly, not all of the 100 in Garcia’s book are my style.  If the shoe doesn’t fit, I don’t wear it.  I prefer Wayfarers to Aviators, and just can’t see myself in ballet flats or a caftan. And then there are those pieces I’ll never own. Call me crazy, but adding my name to a two-year waiting list for a $9,000 Birkin bag just ain’t gonna happen. A mere $13, however, can go a long way.

There’s just something about red lipstick that makes a woman feel like a woman. With one tube (mine is Mary Kay’s, aptly named, “Red”), I instantly ooze confidence, glamour and sex appeal.

Simple. Classic. Beautiful!

1 comment:

deni said...

Well, I'm definately comfortable in my own skin but absolutely could care less about clothes or makeup(what does that say about me?)