Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Taste of Summer


There’s nothing better on a hot summer day than indulging in a frozen treat. And there’s no better place to do so than your friendly, neighborhood ice cream shop. In the Standale area that place is the Ice Cream Garage.

For over 35 years the ICG has been serving the locals. I just love its garage-y community theme. Overhead garage doors actually enclose the patio area, and the mural featuring characters from Disney’s Cars movie and a Yellow Pages-type directory has been customized to tout area businesses. Yumminess in fun surroundings. Does it get any better than that?

I always make a pit stop when I’m in the neighborhood; you should, too! It’s a much better way to enjoy ice cream than by stealing Fudge Ripple from a milk truck. Trust me, I know!

Ice Cream Garage
4030 Lake Michigan Drive




3 comments:

Julie said...

My favorite summertime hang out as a kid!

deni said...

The kids love to go here. We were just there this weekend. I didn't realize it had been around that many years.

Aunt Cecile said...

Now I have another great "treat place" to take Walter and Ezra when they visit. Ezzie is "Cars" crazy.