Friday, June 18, 2010

Workin' at the Car Wash


I have no idea how, as a Polish Catholic girl, I ended up smack dab in the middle of Dutch country. On every corner there are at least six CRC’s. Not that it’s a bad thing, mind you. I mow my lawn and drink beer on Sunday and haven’t been banished from the neighborhood yet. Even better is the fact that it’s the season of youth group fundraisers. There’s always a car wash going on in some nearby parking lot. Yes, they typically miss a few spots and, since I tend to be generous, it’s probably costing me a few bucks more than it would had I gone to the auto wash. But it’s all for a good cause and I’d like to think I’m investing in the next generation.

‘cept I can never get those lyrics out of my head …

You might not ever get rich
But let me tell ya it’s better than diggin’ a ditch
There ain’t no tellin’ who you might meet
A movie star or maybe even an Indian chief

(Workin’)
At the car wash
Workin’ at the car wash, girl
Come on and sing it with me
(Car wash)
Sing it with the feelin’ ya’all
(Car wash, girl)


(Work and work)
Well, those cars never seem to stop coming
(Work and work)
Keep those rags and machines humming
(Work and work)
My fingers to the bone
(Work)
Can’t wait till it’s time to go home

Not to worry … I never break into song or insist they learn how to hustle.

(Bonus points if you are also a product of the 70s and know who sang this!)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Does googling the answer to this count? Cause I'm a product of the 70's.. well.. for almsot 6 months anyway. I could use some extra points. :)
lol

I'm also Dutch & attend a CRC. As the saying goes.. if ya aint dutch.. oh wait, I forgot this is not MY blog. hehe.