Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Apology Accepted


Rainbows apologize for angry skies.

~ Sylvia Voirol

Angry skies? That’s a bit of an understatement. I’d say they were more along the lines of livid. I didn’t even know storms were in the forecast; it had been sunny (albeit hot and humid) all day. Yet there I was in early evening, minding my own business and wrapping up work so I could skip town early for the holiday weekend when the loudest crack of thunder caught me off guard. The skies opened and a deluge ensued for the next half hour. It was still raining when the sun finally poked through the clouds and you know what that means ... ideal conditions for rainbow making. Sure enough, I poked my head out the door and saw a perfectly formed arc that did Roy G. Biv proud. But due to telephone poles, traffic lights, billboards and other suburbia interference, I was only able to capture a fraction of it. Lovely nonetheless.

Apology accepted.

No comments: