Friday, May 21, 2010

Fiddlin' Around


I love listening to music and can’t imagine a world without it. Unfortunately, I’ve got to rely on others to provide it for me. I didn’t get in line when they were handing out musical talent. I can’t play a darn thing (though “Learn to play Chopsticks” is No. 18 on my Bucket List!) Nor can I read music. Don’t know my flats from my sharps or the difference between a C major and a G minor. Pitch? Timbre? Harmony? Melody? Not a clue. My nephew has obviously surpassed me on this one.

Even though he’s only six, Zhak’s always been into classical music and enthralled with the violin. He’s been taking lessons and is already way over my head with his musical knowledge. Oh sure, sometimes his Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star sounds like a cat in heat, but he’s doing remarkably well. Not sure where he’s going with this, but he takes it seriously and is adorable to watch. It will be interesting to watch him progress.

1 comment:

deni said...

Great shot/blog of/about one of my two favorite subjects:)