Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart.

~ Helen Keller

I think there’s a very good reason why I never had kids. Remember while growing up how your mother used to warn, “Just wait until you have children of your own!” I can’t imagine trying to raise the likes of me at all. I was quite a hellion, to put it mildly, and am sure I tried my Mom’s patience on more than one occasion. I’m not sure why she didn’t just throw her hands up in defeat, but she has always been there for me. Though I still can be quite trying at times, my Mom has stood by me through accomplishments, disappointments, cherished moments and family losses with unconditional love.

Mom, I hope you know how much I appreciate everything you have done for me and continue to do. I love you!

And, despite aforementioned childish behavior, I know I’m your favorite!

4 comments:

Karen...signing my real name because I believe it's not only mentioned, but notorized in her will that I'm her favorite said...

I love you Mom!

deni said...

Well, I don't know what you two have been smoking but clearly you are hallucinating!
Mom's always said that I was the favorite!
I love you too mom!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tribute to Grandmas and me.

Love you much. Mom

deni said...

MOM!!!
Please tell them and confirm that I am indeed your favorite....
(like we don't know what her response is going to be!)