Monday, May 3, 2010

Sunny Days!


I don’t know about you, but I do not function well when it’s overcast or rainy. It’s not that I’m feeling depressed, but rather lack the energy to do anything. I’m slow, I’m sluggish, I’m lethargic.

But boy do I love these sunny days! When the skies are blue and Sol is gracing us with his presence, I feel like I can tackle the world.

Out of curiosity, I Googled the sunniest place on Earth. Guess what … it’s nowhere near Michigan (but that really comes as no surprise). The Guinness Book of World Records recognizes that spot as Yuma, Arizona. Of the possible 4,456 hours of daylight each year, the sun shines in Yuma for roughly 4,050 hours, which is about 90% of the time.

But if it’s the sunniest place on Earth, isn’t bound to be one of the hottest? It sounds like a nice place to visit, but I don’t know that I’d really want to live there. I’d much rather deal with a little bit of precipitation and feelings of non-motivation than battle droopy hair and BO.

Though my girlish figure would beg to differ, I think I’d be better off concentrating on remedying the affliction of not functioning well without chocolate.

No comments: