Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust!


February was already a short month without losing precious time to a cold and spending nearly a week in bed.  I’m not knocking some good quality mattress time, mind you, but I’d much rather my companion be a hot young stud than of a box of Puffs …

Uh, sorry. Didn’t mean to seriously digress like that.

I could launch into a litany of things I woulda/coulda/shoulda done this past month … but I won’t. I’ll again take a glass-half-full approach and instead focus on what I did accomplish.

Despite aforementioned viral infection of nose and throat (and the fact that my diet and exercise plan pretty much went out the window), I have managed to lose 17.4 pounds since the first of the year!

With rereading The Secret of the Old Clock, the first of the original Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, No. 49 on my Bucket List is 1/34th accomplished!

I explored the rural yet quaint northwestern Ohio countryside, proving you can have a riot spending lots of time—and little money—traveling in your own backyard.

My photography skills are improving with the new techniques I’m learning.

And look at my blog archive … I already have 61 posts in 2010! This has been my greatest achievement to date.

I recently shared with friends that when I started the whole blog thing, though I suspected it would take a bit of work, I didn’t realize it would take on a life of its own. Maybe I’m just being way too anal in putting so much thought and time into it (ya think??!?!?).  I’ve always loved to dabble in photography, but initially started this journey because I wanted to write more. Ironically, that has proven to be the most difficult prong. Taking photos every day has been easy, but coming up with the words to tie it all together not so much. Some days I really struggle with what to detail and, if truth be told, have thought about throwing in the towel on more than one occasion. But I only have to take it one day at a time.  Suffice it to say I’m learning patience. Who’d a thunk it?

And now that I have a modest following, I’m committed to keeping my “fans” happy. I suspect (hope?) many more people are reading than commenting, but a big thanks to all of you who are along for the ride. I appreciate your words of encouragement, both here and in personal messages. The time you take to relay a remark or two keeps me going!

What will the month of March bring? Stick around and we’ll discover it together!

4 comments:

This large Marge is feeling tubby today said...

FABULOUS job on the weight loss to date!

Aunt Cecile said...

I think you have a larger following than you may think! Thank you for making me laugh, making me ponder and....... most of all for making me look forward to clicking on your bookmark each day.

deni said...

I can imagine how hard it is to keep writing daily but you're doing great and I enjoy checking in everyday.
To those of you who are reading but not commenting.... think about dropping a line or two here or there (you don't have to be a great writer as you can see by my comments). I'm sure any encouragement or criticism keeps Lynn motivated.
Good job Lynn.

Tracey Warner said...

I'm definitely along for the ride because I'm enjoying the road so-far traveled immensely! Another great contrasting shot today. I'm beginning to think red might be your favorite color (besides black, of course). Keep up the wonderful work!