Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Delicioso!


Nearly a decade has passed since I’ve worked downtown, but back then the iconic restaurant located on the corner of Bridge Street and Stocking Avenue was one of my favorite haunts for lunch. Even after I no longer traveled through the neighborhood on a daily basis, I’d make sure to frequently visit for dinner or drinks. Needless to say, I was just as devastated as other loyal patrons when the building was destroyed by fire in September 2008. Fortunately, its owners vowed to rebuild and the landmark has returned to the city’s West Side.

I love Mexican food (though it doesn’t always love me, if ya know what I mean) and finally had a chance to return to Little Mexico Café. It officially reopened in February, and still has the same great food and the same great service. The new interior seems much brighter and more spacious, and the beautiful Rolando Mancera murals depicting Aztec traditions of growing corn and sacrifices to the gods add to the ambiance. It’s great to reconnect with my long-lost friend!

Camarero, mas sangria por favor!

Little Mexico Café
401 Stocking Avenue, N.W.
616.456.0517

1 comment:

Tracey Warner said...

Great shot! What vibrant color!