Monday, March 1, 2010

Say (Green) Cheese!


I’ve always been a rebel and not one who easily fits the 9 to 5 mold. I hate office politics and much prefer working on my own schedule at home in bunny slippers. Yes, that means I sometimes don’t surface until noon and am often up until the wee hours. But, aside from keeping company with infomercials, it’s when I do some of my best work. I’d like to think that applies to my photography as well.

It’s been cloudy and overcast these past few evenings, but tonight’s sky was crystal clear. When I glanced outside and saw the beautiful moon, I didn’t hesitate to grab a coat and my camera and head to the front porch. Though it was only 96% illuminated in a waning gibbous phase, I’ve recently been doing some research on how to best photograph the moon and was anxious to try it.  I am quite pleased with the way my first shot of la luna came out.  Who knew my glorified point-and-shoot could do all this stuff?!?!?

I’m looking forward to trying again at the end of the month when the moon is full … and the weather just a wee bit warmer!

2 comments:

deni said...

I know my point and shoot camera could not do this. Pretty nice and impressive! Keep up the good work.

Mrs. Judson stole my story! said...

I was just talking about a green cheese moon yesterday. I wrote a story way back in the 6th grade about why the moon is made of green cheese. Sadly, the teacher kept my story and I don't remember any of it. Yes, it really was THAT GOOD of a story...for a 6th grader.

VERY COOL photo!