Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring is in the Air Ground


When I surfaced (late) this morning, the skies were blue and looked promising. I stuck a toe out the front door and couldn’t believe how warm it was! Officially we were sunny and unseasonably mild with temps into the mid 60s. You know what that means … open all the windows then head outside to embrace that fresh air!


The signs of spring were not only discovered in gentle breezes and sounds of birds drifting through the skies, but in the color poking through the last of winter’s drabness as well. I’ve been keeping such horrendous hours lately that I haven’t taken the time to survey my yard for signs of life. Boy have I been out of the loop. The flowerbeds are in resurrection mode! The day lilies, hydrangeas, lamium and autumn joy sedum are emerging. And as I was clearing away all the dead and brown, I spotted a ladybug!  It was on a mission and movin', but I had time to fire off (count ‘em) one shot before it flew away. Since I'm so full of it today (spring ... whadda think I meant?) and couldn’t decide on just one photo, you get three.  Talk about good fortune!


I remain optimistic that spring is here to stay. In fact, call me crazy if you must, but I’ve pulled and pitched my snowplowing stakes. If March’s lion lets out one final roar, you can blame me.

3 comments:

deni said...

Did you know that they're forecasting snow for the weekend? Darn you LYNN!!!

You Kiss Your Momma with that Mouth said...

Oohhhh! I'm telling Mom! Deni said the "S" word!

Tracey Warner said...

I LOVE the shot of the lady bug! However, Deni is right. There is more snow in the forecast for the weekend. RRROOAAARRR!