Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Forward


First the recent Chilean earthquake knocks the earth off its axis and the length of our day is shortened by 1.26 microseconds. Then Daylight Saving Time kicks in and we have to push our clocks ahead. I don’t have enough time in my day as it is. And you want me to drag my butt out of bed an hour earlier, too?!?!?

I know there’s split decision on whether the time change gets a yay or a nay. Remembering to reset all the clocks can indeed be a hassle. Not everything is as self-sufficient as my laptop, cell phone and cable box which automatically update for me. But aside from precariously balancing over the sink to attend to the kitchen timekeeper (though I admittedly sometimes don’t even bother since I’m just going to have to climb back up there in another six months), I really don’t mind moving an hour of sunlight from the morning to the evening. I’m usually in the dark until noon anyway!

2 comments:

deni said...

Cool photo!
Were you thinking ahead and took this shot at the museum on Saturday?

Tracey said...

Very cool photo!!